“I am a better mom when I get to do something that I am happy doing,” says Lauren Nietubicz, owner of Niet Designs, a custom woodworking company. On this week’s episode, Lauren talks with host Jeff Meyer about how she continues to find joy in her work after the devastating loss of her husband, Chris.
Lauren has always been a stay-at-home mom for her children. After Chris passed away, she briefly contemplated getting a “normal” full-time job to support her family, but she quickly realized this shift wouldn’t allow her to be the mother she wants to be. Lauren feels the happiest when she is able to be with her kids and share with them what she loves most: woodworking. Having her children experience her joy is an incomparable gift from God, and Lauren has placed her full trust in His plan.
Lauren emphasizes the importance of surrounding yourself with supportive people regardless of what path you choose to pursue. It can be challenging to start something new, especially as an adult, and that’s when you need encouragement the most. Whenever Lauren finds herself doubting her abilities or underselling her products, her family is there to boost her confidence and remind her of her value.
Tune into this week’s episode of Move Forward Anyway for a conversation with Lauren about allowing yourself to harness your abilities and being proud of who God made you to be!
• “To have young kids is an easy way to keep moving forward because you can’t stop. I can’t just give up, I can’t not make dinner, or pay the bills, or make sure they have the right clothes for school. We have to keep going.” (18:17-18:33)
• “I want to have joy in whatever I do for work. I know that’s not always practical, and I know it would make more sense for me to take a full-time job that has benefits, pays more, or is consistent. But I think I am a better mom when I get to do something that I am happy doing.” (25:25-25:45)
• “I think it’s really important to find pride in the things that you are able to do.” (27:10-27:18)
Get in touch with Lauren Nietubicz:
• Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/NietDesigns
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nietdesigns/
Get in touch with host Jeff Meyer:
• Schedule a Discovery Call with Jeff: https://go.oncehub.com/DreamAcceleratorDiscoveryCall